Friday, May 04, 2012

About a year ago...

Thanks Jen for your donation! Jen is a huge support system for Lisa and we really appreciate your contribution today!

We've passed the $3000 mark with just over a week to go. Again, our goal is $5000 raised by Mother's Day which is May 13th. We chose this date because 5 years ago on May 13th, it was also Mother's Day and that is the day that we brought the girls home with us from the NICU. We want to celebrate how far we've come these 5 years by raising $5K for March for Babies. I hope you also recognize what a great organization March for Babies is and decide to donate what you can to help their cause. Click on the link to the right to go to our personal page and make your donation!

So this evening as Lisa and I were sitting around reminiscing...we realized what we were doing about a year ago today. I believe it was the 3rd or 4th of May last year that we began filming!! So I looked through and found a couple of great pictures that I wanted to share again. I think most of you have seen these but still awesome to remember what was happening this time last year. Crazy crazy times!! I remember I was out of town when they started filming. Lisa was trying to tell me how crazy it was...way beyond our wildest expectations. But it wasn't until she sent me this picture of our girls with Jon Voight that I started to grasp just how crazy our life was about to become.
The next two months were a whirlwind of exciting adventures and experiences that we could never imagine we would be apart of. The real highlight was the people we met along the way. Here is a great picture of the girls with one of their coaches, Coach Jeff.
We finally "wrapped" just before the 4th of July, 2 months after we started. The girls had matured in so many ways during those 2 months. I loved how independent they became...just truly blossoming right before our eyes. This picture was taken during their "wrap". The man on the left is the director, Sean McNamara talking about the experience and you can see our girls standing right in the middle listening to every word. So proud of them.
I think what I loved most was other people getting to know our girls and seeing what great personalities they have.
What a great experience! Again, we've got only a week and a half to go and nearly $2K to raise. Please keep those donations coming!! Who's next?!!

No comments: