Sunday, April 01, 2007

BABY SHOWER!!!!

Lisa was treated to her first of two baby showers today and WOW was it a great success. I was working so I couldn't go but apparently it was only for the ladies anyway. We are having another shower on Saturday that isn't gender biased so I'll get to enjoy the festivities this weekend. Seriously...THANK YOU Micki for throwing Lisa the shower today. It sounded like a lot of fun and I know Lisa enjoyed every minute of it.

For those of you who don't know, Micki is our close friend who had twins a little over a year ago (born 28 weeks and 1 day) and now she's been Lisa's main source of comfort and support (besides me of course) through this pregnancy.

I continue to be amazed at the generosity of our friends and co-workers. We received many things that we registered for and many things that we didn't. ALL of it we NEED! Not only have some people invested the time and money to go out and find the perfect gift, some have even MADE presents for our baby girls. I don't want to mention specifics because I don't want to miss anyone but we certainly appreciate everything we've received...from home cooked dinners to walking Madison while I'm at work all the way up to the cribs, that's right I said CRIBS!!!

Thank you to everybody who has contributed! We would not be in such a great position as we are now if it weren't for all of you. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Here are a few pictures from today's shower.


One of the hand crafted quilts


Micki's Mom, Lisa, and Micki

1 comment:

Echo said...

WOW!! Looks like the baby shower was a success. I wish so very much that I could just pop over and hang out with you guys (and the girls of course). It warms my heart to know that good friends are there taking care of you.

Love you bunches!