Wednesday, May 19, 2010

fighting the urge...

I should preface this post with...I just took an ambien about 5 minutes ago. So it's a race against chemistry. My body (especially my brain) will be shutting down quickly so I'm going to try and make a post before things get too fuzzy.

The idea from this came from Lisa actually. She might question that...but she took a picture of me passed out in an ambien coma yesterday morning and I fear that if I don't take the bull by the horns, this picture could wind up being shared outside of my control. So I will proudly post this picture...since I get to tell the story.

Yesterday was my first night shift in 6 weeks. I'm pretty good at changing schedules and it not impacting my work but usually will crash pretty hard with the help of some ambien. I've been doing this long enough to know that I have about 15-20 minutes before I start to feel whoozy, and then all bets are off. At that point, I should find couch or bed. Yesterday, that window of opportunity was dramatically reduced to about 4 minutes. I don't recall much after I took the ambien and had a small bag of chips. Next think I knew, I was waking up to the sound of the girls going down for their nap at about 2:00. That's a serious nap!

But what I didn't know was that Lisa snapped a picture of me before she helped me to the bed. Her story and it's the one that makes most sense is that the girls woke up and saw me on the couch. They tried to wake me up and get me to play with them. When I didn't move, they thought I needed their bunny to continue to sleep. So Katy gave me her Bunny to snuggle while I was sleeping on the couch. So that's the story I'm sticking with. I could have said we found a homeless guy on our couch!

Nothing wrong with a grown man snuggling a pink bunny. Right?

Redemption...the girls playing some baseball with me outside.



"ALYSSA!! PUT DOWN THAT WATERING CAN AND PLAY WITH ME!!!"

Good times. Good night.

No comments: