Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Kindergarten comes to an end

As I continue to catch up for all of the donations we've been receiving (and YES as of April 30th, we've reached our goal!).  But because of my crazy weekend, I need to still owe a lot of blog posts!

Today, I want to recognize the donation that was made by Jim and Kristine!  It was funny, just before our walk was to begin in Salem, I checked the phone and saw we had a donation.  What perfect timing!

Thank you Jim and Kristine for your donation!!!! 

As we continue to catch up on the blog, we are now up to early June 2013.  What significant event happened in June of 2013??  The girls graduated from Kindergarten!!  First, I have to share a couple of random pics from the days leading up to the big celebration.

At the time, Alyssa never looked so old!  

Caught the girls watching a show with just about EVERY one of their friends lined up beside them.

I think I shared this one on fb.  Nothing like a fresh cut lawn and sitting on the patio, drinking a beer, while the grill warms up.  Oh man I can't wait!! 

Last day of Kindergarten and the girls didn't have a graduation per se, more of a musical play. 

Even now I look back and think how OLD they look in these pics!!


I'm such a lucky guy.

You know those silly moments when you see cute kids doing really strange songs and hand motions, and the parents ooooo and aaaahhhhh with no less than 200 cameras pointed in their direction?  Yeah, we became those parents.


All of the kids had some part to play.  Some got to play instruments or hold up signs.  Both my girls got SPEAKING parts!!!  

"We will now sing the names of the Spanish speaking countries"

Here is a wide angle of the spectacle.  So many cameras.

Katy's turn!  I found a friend up front that I knelt down next to and was able to get some good pics.  You can see how she totally knew I was right there but refused to look at me.


Yeah look at that smile.  She knew!


"Come and see my farm, mi granja"

Singing with conviction!  Love it.

Couldn't help but laugh.  This poor kid got typecast.  He wore it well though!

Just look at those smiles!

As we were leaving, the girls wanted to go grab some flowers.  I noticed the light and said "YES!!!  Go, GO!!!"  So happy with how these pics turned out.



My girls are growing up so fast.  Hard to believe we're almost done with 1st grade!  

Again, thank you Jim and Kristine for your donation.  Regardless of us meeting our "goal", I hope more will continue to donate.  Our real goal is to give you a great cause to support.  It's our wish that we will inspire you to reach down into your pockets and find a great cause like this to support.

No comments: