Sunday, September 07, 2008

Let's finish up our vacation...

...so we can catch you up on all of our adventures since we got home.

We left Ohio on the 6th of August and headed back to Texas. Those of you who don't know, most of my extended family live in Texas and it's where Lisa and I went to college (90 miles from Houston at Texas A&M) and spent the first 4.5 years of our marriage before moving to Alaska. So there's a lot of family, friends, and history in Houston. We were going to try and squeeze it all in 10 days....right!!

My brother's 9 month old son, Tyler.



First on the list of things to do...see my grandmother (Mammaw) who's health is declining. .... I've been writing about how it felt to see Mammaw in her condition but just don't feel like sharing here. Just know that it was very hard. I love Mammaw with all my heart and hope we'll see her again soon.

Wasn't long before kisses were being handed out.
Aunt Jan!!
Uncle Larry!!!



Next on the list...big family reunion in Baton Rouge, Louisiana or as my niece called it "Red Stick". My sister and her 3 kids (Uncle Tom couldn't come) met us, my brother's family, and my parents in Red Stick (half way between Florida and Houston) for a weekend of firsts. The first time my parents had all of the grand kids together since the girls were born which of course means it was the first time all the cousins have been together. It was great. The girls were troopers...they were still able to take all of their naps and sleep through the nights. They also played great with all the cousins and handled the new environment much better than we would have ever imagined.

Here we see the girls eating one of their meals in the travelling high chairs. Again, it worked out much better than we thought.

So we kind of took over this hotel in Red Stick. Meals became big Brown family reunions with kids running around and lots of laughter.
Oldest nephew Connor. I just thought it was a funny picture.
My brother and I taking on Connor and Austin (Scott's oldest) at a game of Euchre. If you don't know how to play Euchre...SHAME ON YOU!!! Greatest card game ever. By the way, what is Scott doing??
Another evening in the dining area of the hotel. Not sure what Alison (Scott's wife so my sister-n-law) is doing but it looks like she's yelling at the babies!? Why are you yelling at babies, Alison????
An attempted picture of my parents with all the grand kids. Notice how happy our girls are to be away from us. I told you they got a little clingy while we were on vacation. Back to Houston to see my Uncle Cary! Evidently, he has a problem taking pictures with his eyes open...see exhibit A.

Exhibit A

Lounging around my brothers house watching the Olympics. Pictured is my cousin Jody and his wife Victoria (who we just found out yesterday is pregnant!!!) That's my brother in the foreground picking his toe nails.
I just realized how many more pictures I want to share so I'll have to split up my last vacation post. Sorry...I'll finish up tomorrow. Love all you guys...miss you.

No comments: