Wednesday, September 24, 2008

last of the point and shoot photos

2 more weeks worth of photos and we'll be all caught up. First, a visit to the zoo. The girls have been several times before but this was the first in a while for me.

If you've visited us, we've probably taken you to the zoo. We really do love that place. It has a great feel and you get real close to some amazing animals. The girls LOVE their animal books and actually a majority of the signs they know are animals...bear, dog, cat, bird, etc. I'm sure next year we'll buy season passes so we can go all the time.





The girls' hair is getting just long enough to start playing with it. Lisa put their hair up in barrettes.


As late summer quickly turned to fall, I made a push to get out and fish along our creek as much as possible. So every day for a couple weeks during our walk, I would bring my fly rod and throw in along the trail.

Tom joined us one day to see what the fuss was about.
...and no I never caught anything substantial. It was kinda late in the salmon run so I think I missed my opportunity. We heard there was better action further upstream...we never made it up there but I certainly had a lot of fun trying.
Back to the house for some more playing with the pots and pans.
That baby looks like it needs a little salt and pepper.
MMMMM, just right.
We didn't get any good photos of this little trick. The girls started putting their heads down when they would crawl like they were pushing their heads around on the carpet. We called it the "bulldozer". They don't do it anymore because they're too busy walking. This is one of the only photos we have of them doing it.
A night out with some friends and a sad goodbye. Another close friend of mine left for a job in California. The night before, we took him out to the Moose's Tooth one more time and treated him to some good stories, pizza, and beer.
The girls offered some of the entertainment.
Angry Sam determined to drink the last of the pitcher.
Tom showing off one of his departing gifts.
Tom is missed dearly. Tom always impressed us with his curiosity and kindness to the girls. From day one, he was always asking about them and I quickly realized he frequents the blogs for updates, pictures, and videos. His gift for the girls is still one of their favorite toys, the scooter. It was an extremely thoughtful gift and one that continues to bring them plenty of joy.

I haven't admitted this to many people but we found out Tom was leaving us for another job shortly after we found out Lisa and Ben were going to Colorado. I really took this news hard as those 3 people comprised of my Alaska family. I've been pretty down for about a month now...which has unfortunately lead me to gain some of my weight back. BUT we're back on track. We are keeping in great contact with Tom and expect to continue that friendship from afar. Sam and his wife Cindy are FANTASTIC people that we've been very fortunate to have met.

So Tom (and this goes for Lisa and Ben too)....you guys are missed. It's not quite the same without you. The girls miss you too.

NOW!!!!! D90 pictures coming SOON!!!

2 comments:

Ben said...

...and you four are missed in our lives as well. You don't know how much I miss not only having you guys as great friends/family, but to have to at work too!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the pics coming, I promise to update ours as well, just been a little busy trying to buy a house :)

Lisa

Tom said...

Ack, I didn't realize that I caused you to gain weight...I feel bad now...

I still crack up at Angry Sam!