Tuesday, August 19, 2008

let's go back to the beginning

...of our vacation. I don't have any good stories to share tonight. It's getting kinda late and I was up at 5am this morning so I'll just share some photos from our first stops.

As you can see, the girls were anxious to help pack up for the trip. I think I mentioned it before but we checked 5 bags plus one of the car seats. We also carried on two diaper bags, a backpack, the other car seat, and our stroller. We had a TON of luggage for the 4 of us.

First stop...Fairborn, OH...Uncle Keith pictured below reading Alyssa her bedtime story. I think I was already asleep on the floor at this point.

The next morning we were off to see the girls great-grandparents...Granny Lou and Grandpa John in South Bend.



Alyssa suddenly warmed up to her sunglasses. She kept them on for the longest time...posing for pictures.



Katy looking like she was ready for a day at the beach...didn't like the sunglasses as much.

Breakfast with John III...Lisa's cousin.
Grandpa John with the girls.
A highlight of the trip was the girls meeting their Great-Great-Grandmother who is 97 years old and doing great. The girls warmed up to her very quickly. The time with her was really special.


One of my favorite pictures.
More family in South Bend.

The girls loved their first cousin - once removed (I think that's right...she is Lisa's cousin's daughter). I think it is a big part of why they started experimenting with walking...seeing Haley and her little brother Tyler running circles around them.

Two cute pics of Katy.


Tomorrow, we move on to the next stops on our vacation...Indianapolis.

No comments: