Thursday, October 15, 2009

A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!!

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

It's the first thing that popped in my head as I was driving home this evening wearing glasses. I can see things I've never seen before! As I was walking through the mall with my new glasses, I almost missed two stairs because I was in disbelief how well I could see far away now.

So why now? I had a few embarassing moments at my workshop in Boise where I had to ask for help to see things. It was a wake up call. My vision could be better. I decided to give it a try and since I know I can live without them, if I don't like how I look or if the improvement isn't great enough then I'll go back to my pre-HD vision. We'll see how it goes. I have 30 days to decide.

4 comments:

Honey said...

Hello HANDSOME!! Keep the glasses. We won't even go into how many pairs of glasses you had in your youth that you always...somehow...managed to lose!! KEEP THE GLASSES!
ily, Mom

Tom said...

Is it just an optical illusion, or did the glasses make you cross-eyed? Yeah, keep the glasses! Or better yet, do like I do and intermingle contacts in there as well.

Anonymous said...

Why the sad face? Just imagine all the new and wonders you will be able to see and enjoy!

Dad said...

I've been busy working on other stuff and am just now seeing (no pun intended) your new eyes. I agree. You look GREAT, and what's better, you know you can SEE great. Now maybe you can see more things to help you tell the girls apart. (just kidding) Kudos to you for the courage to go and take care of this. KEEP THE GLASSES.
Love,
Dad