Wednesday, December 17, 2008

GREAT DIAGNOSIS!!!

Tonight, I went to the hospital and waited with Kevin's parents, Ben and Lisa, and two other close friends while he was in surgery. All in all, I was there for about 4 hours but it had been a very long day for everyone else involved. At about 11:30pm, the doctor came out and told us the great news. Kevin had the absolute best diagnosis possible for a brain tumor. The doctor removed everything he could and believes Kevin will recover fully and only need to be monitored for regrowth of the tumor!

I have never been in a situation like this where I was in a waiting room, trying to ignore the fact that you are about to hear a life changing diagnosis for this family. I did my best to not think about all the different scenarios...but it was hard not to.

But when the doctor came in and gave us the news, we erupted in excitement. His parents asked for a group hug and he got a good one! It was an AMAZING feeling being apart of his family. Of all the people there, I probably know Kevin the least but I felt very close to his family tonight. I'm so glad I could have been there to show our support for him and his parents. It was an honor.

On a side note, I've had a good feeling about this all day. Today was the first sunny day we've had in weeks! I honestly can't remember the last time we saw so much sunshiine in one day. I really did think on several occasions that it was God telling everyone that it was going to be okay. Just like the morning I rushed home from work at 4am to take Lisa to the hospital and the Northern Lights appeared. It isn't coincidence, someone up there is really looking after us and giving us signs that we are all in His hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An uplifting and positive episode. Unfortunately we go through such an event and our feelings fade very quickly! We should never ever pass an opportunity to cherish our friends and especially family. We become immortal by the memories we leave behind. So rejoice and celebrate life every opportunity you get - don't let a single one pass by.