Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's been a while

Yeah, I know. It's been a long time since the last update. Lately, we've started to reclaim our evenings...there's been more relaxing and catching up with the tv. For that to happen, that means the girls are doing much better. I can't remember my last post so I'll just tell you where the girls are now.

Alyssa is now 16 lbs, 10 oz. She is about 27 inches long and happy as can be. She has two teeth on the bottom, can roll with great ease, and will sit upright with some assistance. She has said "Dah" a couple times. Her latest trick is getting on all fours and rocking back and forth. She loves rice cereal and her favorite book is "Ten Little Ladybugs".



Katy is catching up to her big sister at 15 lbs, 9 oz. She is about 26 inches long. Katy has one tooth but the second will cut through any day. She can also roll, rock back and forth on her hands and knees, can sit up with some help. Katy loves playing with her toes (and of course taking off her socks) and has started saying "MAH, MAH, MAH, MAH". She immediately took to eating the rice cereal and there's a pretty funny routine of her taking the spoon, shoving it in her mouth and twirling it to get all the cereal off...then putting the spoon down on her lap so Lisa can fill it back up. It's not as an obvious choice as Alyssa's favorite book but if we had to pick one, it would be "Brown Bear".



Lots of fun at this Alaskan household. We welcomed my mom here for a 2 week visit and she's been helping us out tremendously...planning and cooking our meals, watching the girls, she even let us get out tonight and celebrate our anniversary.

We have big plans the rest of this week. We're having a Lost party tomorrow night (it's about time it's back on!!!), going to Girdwood on Friday for a massage for Lisa and snowboarding for me, and then celebrate my birthday Friday night with some friends downtown. Lots of fun.

I'll do better about posting. It doesn't occur to me how many people check in on us until I stop posting for a while and start getting emails asking if everything is okay. We're doing great.

1 comment:

Kara said...

They are getting so big!!!! I am so glad that you all updated. I have been waiting for an update. Glad to hear all is going well.