Monday, May 20, 2019

Catching up...

Hi everyone!  It's been a CRAZY BUSY couple of weeks and it doesn't seem like things are going to slow down until school is out!  YIKES!

This blog post goes out to "Mr. Anonymous", The Peterson's, Ms. Helen, and The Pekala's.  Thank you all for your March of Dimes donations!



Question #1: What do you think you might like to do for a living when you grow up?

Alyssa:  I would like to be a biologist...so I can study animals and plants.  Perhaps with what I learn I can help save endangered species.  It would also be a plus to be a biologist since my friend Sarah would like to be a veterinarian and we could help each other keep animals healthy and happy.

Katy: I want to be a marine biologist.  For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to work with marine wildlife.  I think it would be cool to do what I've always wanted to do and help the animals that live in the ocean.  One of my goals is to help clean up the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.  It is responsible for killing thousands...or at least I think its thousands...of ocean animals each year.  Look it up!  It's crazy!

Question #2: What are you most looking forward to on your upcoming Alaska trip?

Alyssa: I am really looking forward to going to the Alaska Zoo and seeing all the animals up close...especially the foxes. I am also really excited to go on nature walks and see moose when we are out and about.  I would love to see twin moose babies!

Katy:  Probably going to the Alaska Zoo and hiking.  I would like to be out in the wilderness and I hope to see a beaver lodge or two...they are so cool!  At the Alaska Zoo I'm most looking forward to seeing the wolves.

Question #3: What are you most looking forward to in 7th grade?

Alyssa: I am looking forward to my exploratory classes including Greek Mythology.  I really enjoyed reading the Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson book series and I think it will be fun and interesting to learn more about the Greeks and their beliefs.

Katy:  I'm looking forward to meeting more incredible teachers!  Also, I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to percussion having their own class period next year!!!!!!!  We won't have to wait for the entire band to tune and we'll have more time to focus on our technique.  I'm also hoping to take Jazz Band so I can rock some "sick beats"!

Question #4: If you could be student at Hogwarts, what house would you be sorted into and why?  Also, what do you think your patronus would be and why?  One more...which Harry Potter book is your favorite?

Alyssa: I think I would be a Gryffindor because I am brave, adventurous, and very loyal to my friends and family.  My patronus would be a fox because I am smart, curious, teeny, and can sometimes be a little mischievous.  I have NO IDEA which is my favorite!  I love them ALL!

Katy:  Definitely Gryffindor!!!!  I'm brave, loyal, and adventurous.  Also, I'm kind, caring, and I'd do anything (well not "anything", but you know what I mean) to help my friends if they were in need!  I hope my patronus would be either a wolf, dolphin or cheetah.  Mostly I would choose any of those because they are my favorite animals.  Oh my goodness!  How do I choose THAT...it's IMPOSSIBLE to pick a favorite book!  The Order of the Phoenix is my favorite movie though...it's the only one I can what all the way through and not be terrified out of my mind! ;)

Okay!  We have at least one more blog post in the works...so stay tuned!

No comments: