Sunday, May 12, 2019

2 for 1

Hi everyone!  It's been such a LOVELY weekend and we've had fun resting our sore muscles from track and tennis, reading, biking, running through the sprinklers, running away from bees, and celebrating Mom.  In honor of Mother's Day, we took out the dog when she woke up REALLY early today and made Mom breakfast in bed...heated up cinnamon rolls, coffee, and yogurt with granola and chocolate chips (that might not have been the best combination, but it was Alyssa's idea)!



Hope you don't mind, but we're going to do a "2 for 1" post for Mr. Todd & Ms. Jennifer and Grandma Debbie & Grandpa Stu. :)  Thank you so much for your March of Dimes donations!

Question #1:  If you could go back in time and revisit any memory, what would it be and why?

Alyssa:  I would want to go back to the time I got to feed the fox at the Alaska Zoo.  Foxes are my favorite animal and it makes me sad that I don't really remember getting to do it.  SO I would love to relive that (maybe I'll get the chance when we go back to Alaska this summer!!!!)

Katy: There are so many Alaska memories I would like to revisit, but the one that comes to mind is getting to see the wolves at the Alaska Zoo.  I love wolves...they are definitely in my top 3 animals.  It's going to be so cool to see them again when we are there this summer!

Question #2: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Alyssa:  Oh boy!  I don't know!  There are a lot of great destinations!  Hmmmmm...let's think.  I already went to Hawaii and it was AMAZING.  So I can cross that off the list.  Maybe the Bahamas?  It's seems like a very beautiful place.  The Redwood Forrest would be AWESOME too!  Anywhere I can be in nature and not in an urban city is for me!

Katy: MY MIND!  MWHAHAHAHA!  Just kidding, but still that would be pretty cool! ;)  Actually I would like to visit the largest coral reef in the world...The Great Barrier Reef.  In our book series, my character, Tide, has an underwater house in the middle of the reef.  I want to see if my imagination lives up to the reality.

Question #3:  What does participating in the March of Dimes Walk every year mean to you?

Alyssa: It means a lot to see all the families walking for babies who have passed away and those that have survived.  It's so heart touching!  I'm very honored to be part of it and to be around the survivors of early births, syndromes, and diseases.

Katy:  It's awesome and it reminds me that others have gone through what we have gone through...we're not the only ones. It helps to know that other people might experience the same challenges we have.  It was super cool to meet a younger set of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome sisters at the end of the walk this year. 

Hope you enjoyed this post and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms out there!!!!

No comments: