Thursday, September 10, 2009

another weekend getaway!

I have so many pictures to go through but I wanted to share a few from the first night of our weekend getaway. The weather has been unbelievable this last week but I was working 6 night shifts in a row. Knowing that the weather was going to be going downhill fast during my break, we decided to take off and check out somewhere that we'd never been to before. We found our way up to Hatcher Pass. AMAZING!! The thing we kept saying was that we were embarrassed that we've been in Anchorage for 4 years and we've never been there before. It was only 2 hours (or maybe less) away from our home and it was just stunning. Lisa posted on facebook that we joked that it ended up being a Denali Park Junior. You'll see why when I get to those pictures next time. First, our drive up and a few shots at Independence Mine.


This is the valley where we stayed. The cabins are in the bottom right of the picture.

If you've seen the Mythbusters episode filmed in Alaska when they were testing cabin fever, this was the spot. No kidding. It's a surreal place to stay. A little bit rustic for our taste (especially with the girls) but BEAUTIFUL nonetheless.


The girls just wanted to RUN! Especially Katy. If we turned away for one moment, this is what would happen.


Dinner and a view. I'll have to dig out another picture that I took last week but it's becoming a theme with Katy. It looks like she's ordering another round.



Our cabin for the night.



I'll have to save Independence Mine for tomorrow.

No comments: