Sunday, November 11, 2007

wow. what a weekend.

I've started to post this a couple of times during the weekend but haven't been able to put it into words. Maybe this time will be different.

It is getting more difficult every day. We had our monthly appointment with our doctor on Monday and talked about the problems we've been having. He thinks it's the T-word...yep, TEETHING!!! We've been in denial for a couple weeks but it's hard to dismiss all the warning signs. What we have are two completely different babies than just a few short weeks ago.

Kaitlyn's transformation has been slower whereas Alyssa's...she's a different baby. That's all I can say. Nap time is a strain. Bed time are a nightmare. The girls are so fussy and can't stay asleep. We're having a difficult time now keeping them down for their naps more than 30 minutes. Last night was the worst night we've had to date. It took almost 4 hours of moaning, rocking, and crying before they finally stayed down. Actually, I can remember some pretty bad nights earlier so it's hard to compare. What made last night so bad was how far we've come and to have a good idea of what was wrong but not be able to do anything about it. At one point when I was holding Alyssa and she was SCREAMING...I actually started thinking about my happy place. I've joked about that before but I actually started envisioning myself on a secluded white beach listening to the waves gently lapping on the sand and the sound of my skin baking in the warm sunlight and the PSSHHH of a cold Corona being opened by my adoring wife (who may or may not be wearing a bikini). I know, not very original...but it helped for a few seconds.

Back to reality. We don't know what to do next. We're talking about making some drastic changes though. We have to do something.

I have so much more to say about all this but again, back to reality, the girls are actually down at a reasonable hour so we're going to bed.

Real quick...the girls weighed in on Monday.

Alyssa...14 pounds, 13 ounces
Katy...13 pounds, 6 ounces


So in one month, Alyssa gained almost exactly one pound and Katy gained 13 ounces.

And your local weather report. We received our first significant snowfall of the year. The last one melted a day or two later, now I don't think we'll see the grass again until April. We received 5 inches of the white stuff today!!

Sorry no pictures or videos tonight...too tired. Not to mention while I was writing this, Alyssa has gotten up twice crying and Katy once (Lisa's holding Katy right now).

No comments: