Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby steps

I thought I would throw together a quick post. We have lots of videos to download and only a few pictures to share. Better get started, eh?

First, I wanted to say congratulations to Josh and Bethany Smith, my cousin (and now uhhh...cousin-in-law) who was married today. My WHOLE family is in Conroe today and we want to be there so bad. It is sad to us to think everyone is together and we're not there. UGGH, it makes me want to cry. I love you all and wish we could be there. Congrats to the newlyweds! Can't wait to see pictures.

I mentioned our first big snow earlier. Here's Lisa enjoying the view from our bedroom.


In other news, we had a GREAT night last night. The two nights before last were not so good but at least par for the last month or so. One thing that helped was that there was no screaming...the girls just decided that they wanted to be awake and nothing could get them to sleep. We each had about 4.5 hours of sleep (no more than 2.5 hours at a time). Still, we were optimistic going into last night. We were pleased with how relatively easily they went to sleep. The real treat came in the middle of the night when someone would wake up, they were able to fight through the gas or whatever it was and get themselves back to sleep. I remember this happening twice where someone woke up crying and Lisa and I stayed in bed and listened...hoping but not expecting. Sure enough, the cries calmed down and snoring resumed. It was amazing. They finally woke up at 6:45 for a feeding!! What an awesome night!

Let's hope that was the start of something new.

And a picture of said angels.

1 comment:

Kara said...

The girls are so adorable and growing so well!!!

Believe it or not, sleeping will come eventually :) It sounds like you all are doing a great job!