Friday, June 22, 2007

HONEY HAS ARRIVED!!!!

My mom arrived tonight. I say Honey because that's what the girls are going to call her...Honey and Paw Paw. Our girls are her 5th and 6th grandchildren but that doesn't make it any less exciting. To say the least, she is THRILLED to be here.

My dad and Lisa's dad are planning on coming later to meet their grand-daughters and take their turn at helping out around the house.

It's been a while since my last post. Work has been .......tough. I don't know how else to describe it. Not only being away from the girls but an insane sleeping schedule, no naps, and a little stress at work combined to make for a loooong week. I finally crashed last night after my last shift. I fell asleep at 9:30pm and woke up at 11 to help out with the feeding. I went back to bed at midnight and didn't wake up until 11am!!! That's some serious sleeping. It won't get any easier this weekend cause I'm going back to night shifts for the first time since the girls were born. Ugh.

The girls had a good week. The breast feeding is going pretty good. We were all surprised when we weighed them on Tuesday and they had each gained about half a pound in one week. Alyssa is now 9 pounds 1 ounce and Katy is 8 pounds 10 ounces.

....2 hours later....The midnight feedings took precedence so here I am at 1:15am and need to get to bed.

One more thing...of all the things my mom said tonight about how beautiful they were and on and on about the girls, what stuck with me the most was her reaction to the nursery. I think we did a great job on the nursery. We both think it came out pefectly (although we still have some things to hang on the walls). The colors, the furniture...it all just came together perfectly. So to see my mom's reaction to it made me feel that much better. It was like getting that confirmation again that we really did good. Maybe that's weird to be hung up on that but God created the girls, we KNOW the they're beautiful...we created the nursery so there's room for error.

Most of the furniture was a gift from Lisa mom and dad. They opened up their checkbooks and said...whatever you want. At the time, we didn't think we would get 2 cribs but with that kind of offer, how could we not? It goes without saying we wouldn't have such an incredible nursery without their generosity.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I have thought your nursery was beaufiul ever since the first post. The colors are amazing and look wonderful with the wood!!!

Although you are very tired now...it does get easier. The girls will start sleeping more, which allow you to sleep. Take care of yourself because Lisa and the girls need you!!! Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping us all informed.

Anonymous said...

The nursery is beautiful! I can't wait to see it. If you send me a paint swatch (or two if you want each rocker to be a different color), my dad can make the puzzle rockers and I can bring them with me in August.

Love,
Amy (and Dave and Jacob too!)