Sunday, February 14, 2010

tough week

It has been a tough week. Lisa, in need of many continuing education credits to maintain her license, had to attend a week long workshop here in Anchorage. I took the week off to stay home with the girls. No big deal. I've played Mr. Mom before and Lisa struggled with getting back in to the work rythem again but overall wasn't too painful. What made it hard was me getting sick starting Wednesday night. I woke up Thursday morning feeling pretty bad. Friday was the worst!! I was a pathetic lump on the couch while the girls were running circles around me. Luckily, Lisa's week ended Friday at 3 and was able to come home and rescue me...and the girls.

I've spent the last couple of days resting and recovering and am going to try and brave a night shift tonight. So far, Lisa and the girls have managed to escape my germs. Hopefully that will last.

Otherwise, we've spent the last couple of days watching the Olympics. The girls loved the opening ceremonies and especially the figure skating...as you'll see by this video.

Tomorrow is a big day. Lisa has an appointment with her obgyn. Since I'm working night shifts and will be sleeping, I can't watch the girls. Lisa brought this up with the doctor and she said she'd LOVE to see the girls, since she hasn't seen them since they were born nearly 3 years ago. I'd love to be there when Dr. Wrigley sees the girls for the first time since they were born. I'm hoping Lisa will take the camera so we can get some pictures of that reunion.

No comments: