Friday, February 26, 2010

Snowboarding at Alyeska!

What an amazing weekend! I've had the last 2 days off and have been going non-stop. Main reason is we're losing my best friend Sam to Chicago. I don't blame him and am definitely happy for Sam...but very sad to see him go. So we're making the most of the time we have before he leaves.

Yesterday after dance class (Sam did not attend dance class but we got some great pictures - coming soon) and nap, we headed to our favorite restaurant...the Moose's Tooth for dinner. After dinner, I went over to Sam's place for poker with the fellas...and came home 4 hours later $100 richer!!




Today, Sam and I headed over to Alyeska for snowboarding. It was Sam's first attempt so he took a beginner's class while I ...uhh....observed. I took some pictures and took a few runs on my own. Then it was time for a well deserved lunch and a little liquid courage. Then back on the slopes. Sam never made it off the beginners area or as I believe they are referred...the "pony slopes". But no worries, I've been in his shoes and don't blame him at all for not tackling the chair lift and green trails with only a few hours under his belt. Still...we had a GREAT TIME!!

It snowed yesterday 4 inches or so. They groomed the snow overnight so it was PERFECT! The temp was in the mid 20s and it was snowing lightly all day. Could not have asked for a more perfect day.




Sam riding the Magic Carpet!




We found a nice cozy spot to lick our wounds.


My turn. Showing off a bit.






One final brew by the fire to soak in the day's adventures.

Tons of pictures to come. I took some great ones at dance class the last 2 weeks.

No comments: