Sunday, January 09, 2011

Yesterday

Best. Title. Ever.

Ok, maybe not. I needed an excuse to post some pictures of my NEW UKULELE!!!!! Out of nowhere, my mom comes in from left field with the surprise Christmas present of the season. Totally unexpected and I don't even remember mentioning it to her that I was thinking about getting one but Mom found me the most beautiful ukulele. It arrived the other day and I haven't put it down. If you haven't seen on facebook, I am putting in my time and working on my calluses. It is PAINFUL...but worth it. I'm learning my chords and will be singing some songs in no time.

Here are a few shots I just took.



Ok, that's my excuse for posting. Now I should probably post some cute pictures of the girls from yesterday! We have had a friend visiting us since before Christmas, Rascal. Rascal is visiting us from O'Fallon, Illinois...a friend of Jacob Pekala. We tried to make his visit memorable. Here are a few pics from his last day with us.





Here's a bonus. I think this was after Christmas dinner. It was a hectic time of cooking, getting the girls to EAT, cleaning up, and playing with presents. As I was sitting with the girls, I realized that someones glass of wine was inadvertently left in front of Katy (unknown to her). Mad me laugh and I thought it was a perfect photo op.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awwww---thanks! Jacob cannot wait to get Rascal back! We think he arrived on Wed afternoon to school but today was a snow day for us so Jacob didn't get to open the package! Tomorrow's supposed to be bitterly cold so we'll see if he has school (I know, I'm sure us closing for cold makes us look like wimps to the AK kids!!). :)